Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Everett Herald Obituary- Alan O. Laxdal

From the Everett Herald:

Alan O. Laxdal, 79, a resident of Snohomish, WA passed away March 23, 2011 in Snohomish. Alan was born October 3, 1931 in The Pas, Manitoba, Canada to Ole and Olive Laxdal.


Alan was a longtime English Teacher at Snohomish High School, retiring in 1989. He has lived at Ermitus at Snohomish for the past five years.

A special thank you to the staff at Ermitus for the wonderful care they have provided to Alan during that time.
 
____
You can read the online obituary and sign the guest book here.

1 comment:

  1. I was so sorry to learn belatedly of Alan Laxdal's death ... my dad was one of his best friends in early life, and I have Alan's name as my middle name: Russell Alan Potter. I can be easily located online -- I teach at Rhode Island College -- and I would be very glad to hear from anyone who knows anything about Alan's later years ... my recollection of him is as a consummate audiophile whose stereo was always capable of reproducing magnificent music, a quirky guy who had given up coffee in favor of Postum, a mild mannered man but with a fighting soul ... I so wish I had been able to keep track of him, and reached out to him before he passed. A magnificent human being!

    ReplyDelete