Sunday, August 16, 2009

Carr, Mike




This is almost like writing a resume. It seems like we all thought we would never make it past 30 let alone the year 2000 and yet here we are sneaking up on 2010. So here's my shot at the past 40 years.

1973 to 1977 I co-owned and managed a fishing and hunting resort in Tonasket, WA. 1977 to 1980 I worked for MARCO marine in Seattle and married in 1977. Divorced, one daughter who is now 27. Went back to college at the ripe old age of 32 and received my degrees in psychology and english literature. Graduated from the University of Puget Sound in 1986.

Sold my soul to get the university to pay for my education but also got to work with entertainers like Robin Williams, Dizzy Gillespie, Maya Angelo etc.

Back to the world of manufacturing and operations and have been in turn around scenarios for the past 20+ years. I'm currently with a firm in Algona, WA and plan to retire in a couple of years.

After that, I will consult and finish my book on manufacturing and business operations.
After almost 20 years, I remarried in 1999. Between Kris and myself, we have six grandkids, 3 boys and three girls.

Vacations are usually 2+ weeks out on the motorcycle (Harley Davidson) and playing golf.
Technology was supposed to free up our time but I've found that there is more information to process and the work days just get longer.

We own a second home in Port Ludlow and hope to retire there in a few years. Currently live in Auburn, WA. and have been here since 1989.

Got a few breaks and as Andy Warhol said, "we'll all get 15 minutes of fame." I managed to get featured in Inc. Magazine and was featured on PBS back in the early 90's.

Was back up in the Everett/Arlington area for almost three years ( 2004- 2007) doing a merger and moving the companies to Everett just down from the Boeing plant.

Well that's pretty much it. Am part of the Classmates site and the grandkids have now got me hooked up on Facebook.


Looking forward to the reunion.


No comments:

Post a Comment