Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hill, Peggy (Engeseth)




I married at 19 and had two sons Jason and Jeremy who also graduated from Snohomish High. Divorced at 31 and then I discovered myself. I worked for a local company for 27 years -- they closed and the property now houses the Snohomish Public Library. When my boys finished school and left home I suffered extreme empty nest syndrome so enrolled myself into EVCC and earned a degree in Accounting. After 16 years of being single I married another Snohomish High School graduate (1966), and have settled into a contented life. I’ve lived within 15 miles of Snohomish and cannot imagine being anywhere else. For the last two years I’ve been doing mostly contract work. It’s been hard to find the ‘family’ atmosphere that I had when I worked for Central Feed.


I have two grandsons, Trent and Riley. My husband has a daughter with four children but they live in Neah Bay and we only see them a few times a year. I keep myself busy, I’ve done all the crafts, ceramics, tole painting, scrapbooking, quilting, enjoy gardening and I read a LOT. I’ve been really lucky, always had a good job and haven’t had to struggle much. I see classmates around town and keep in touch with a few of them. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
 
Peggy Hill Engeseth
p_engeseth@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment